Monday, July 25, 2011

From Andrew W.

Andrew Wysocki, this year's scholarship winner from Fairfield Ludlowe High School gave me permission to share this message he wrote to Emma on her Facebook Memorial page after he received the scholarship. Thanks, Andrew.

Dear Emma,
Tonight your father gave an incredibly moving speech about mental illness and your mother presented me with a scholarship in your name so I can continue my studies of music education in college.
Emma, I cannot tell you how sincerely honored I am to receive a scholarship in your name. I'm honored that everyone believes that I... deserved it too. I held the envelope very close to my heart as I walked back to my seat. I never thought I would receive an award like that.
Now when I go to study music education, I will know that you will be beside me. Perhaps you will contribute an idea when I'm writing music, or maybe you'll give me inspiration to go the extra mile and learn something new.
I promise you that one day, I will write a song for you. I'm not a terrific songwriter or piano player yet, but once I improve, I will write a song for you. It will be glorious and it will be because you were such an inspiration to me when you were living, and now I feel as if I can help to create the music that you wanted to spread throughout the world =).
The one who is thinking about you and incredibly honored to receive your scholarship,
~Andrew =)

No comments:

Post a Comment