Monday, January 11, 2010

Sully and Mike

The movie, Monsters Inc. came out on video when Emma was 10 and was a favorite in our house. For Christmas that year, Santa brought a cup holder for the bathroom with the Monster Inc. characters, Sully and Mike. The cup holder found a home on the back of the toilet in the small bathroom off our family room. I was often puzzled because I would go into the bathroom and find Sully and Mike facing the wall. I would turn them around again so that you could see their faces, but the next time I went in the bathroom, there they’d be with their faces to the wall again.


This went on for months, when finally Peter spoke up when we were all together. “You know, it’s odd, but every time I go into the bathroom, Mike and Sully are facing the wall. I turn them around, but the next thing I know, they’re facing the wall again.” “I noticed that, too!” I said. It was quiet for a moment and then Emma spoke up. “I’m doing that,” she said. “ I can’t stand them staring at me when I go to the bathroom!”

No comments:

Post a Comment