Wednesday, December 2, 2009

The Origin of Fabulous


Emma’s friends from high school sometimes refer to her as “Fabulous.” This is a reference, at least in part I think, to her fabulous sense of style. Many of her friends showed up at her memorial service in fedoras, one of Emma’s fashion signatures. What her friends probably don’t know, though, is that Emma had a flair for fashion from the get-go, and hats were always an important part of her wardrobe.


I know that I have enough memories and stories to post something every day for a very long time, but my real world obligations may keep me from doing so from time to time. So I’ve decided that sometimes I will post just a picture of Emma in one of her many hats - a glimpse at Fabulous in the making.

1 comment:

  1. YES! Hats and music, or was it music and hats! And fashion. We always acknowledge each other's hats or fashion for the day when the lesson began. We would dress for our lessons. That's the way it was and had to be, so had decided. I don my hats nearly every day in Emma's honor :-)
    Adrianne

    ReplyDelete