Tuesday, May 18, 2010

I'm so glad we had this time together

A couple of months ago I heard an interview with Carol Burnett on NPR. At the end of the interview, the interviewer asked Carol to sing a bit of the famous theme song from her show. I couldn't help but flip through images of our life with Emma as she sang, and while I had some tears streaming down my face by the end of the song, I also had a smile on my face.  


I can't tell you how many times that song has gone through my head since I heard Carol sing it on NPR. It's going to be my theme song during this next month, as we survive so many milestones we hoped to celebrate with Emma and will not. It will help me remember, celebrate and cherish all the wonderful milestones we did celebrate with Emma. I'm so glad we had those times together.


Click here for a clip of Carol Burnett singing her theme song

No comments:

Post a Comment